by Peter Burrows email@example.com –11/2/17
1) It was reported he jumped from the truck yelling “Allahu Akbar” which the media said meant “God is great” in Arabic. No. It means, “Allah is Greater.” Allah. Greater. It’s an important distinction.
I would bet that if he hadn’t said anything, the media would be questioning whether this was a terror attack at all, and some pundit would have said anybody assuming it was by a Muslim was just a “racist,” and that Christians are just as big a problem around the world. After all, it’s so frequent that somebody yells “Jesus Saves” as they’re shooting up crowds, stabbing people or driving trucks over bikers, etc.
2) We were told that investigators were working to determine if that attacker was a “lone wolf” or had “connections to ISIS” or any other Islamic militants. No, he was not a “lone wolf,” nor is any other single jihadist. He was a Muslim. There’s hundreds of millions of them, most of whom openly or tacitly support terrorism. And, yes, he was connected to ISIS and every other militant Muslim. The connection is the Koran.
3) Somebody always says it was a “cowardly act,” this time it was Mayor De Blasio. Not from the attacker’s point of view, Mr. Mayor. He was going to kill some infidels, die in the process, and go to Paradise. To him, it was an act of war. To call it an act of cowardice is just a PC bromide.
4) PC also means Islam must be protected and, sure enough, the NYC Deputy Police Commissioner said, “This isn’t about Islam, this isn’t about the mosque he attends.” He warned against “Islamophobic” hate crimes. (Mustn’t give a Muslim a nasty look.) The mayor added, “The last thing we should do is start casting dispersions [sic] on whole races of people or whole religions –. That only makes the situation worse,” because, he continued, that would be doing what the terrorists want, affirming “that this nation is somehow anti-Muslim. We’ve got to do the exact opposite. We’ve got to show we respect all people in America.”
Just about everything in the above paragraph is precisely, 180 degrees, wrong. Especially, we must show the world that our First Amendment does not protect the religion of Islam. Devout Muslims should NOT be welcomed, only those Muslims attempting to escape the religious persecution of their own religion, the apostates. I think that if the American people knew the fundamentals of Islam, that would be their overwhelming conclusion.
5) The immediate political response is always stupid, just a matter of degree. Governor Coumo said there will be “more police everywhere” but “not because there’s any evidence of an ongoing threat, it’s just out of vigilance –.” No evidence of an ongoing threat? Fourteen hundred years of jihad is not enough? President Trump was only slightly less obtuse: “I have just ordered Homeland Security to step up our already Extreme Vetting Program.” Oh, that’ll work.
This particular attack inspired the added entertainment of Chris Matthews musing on the air if there were geopolitical reasons why an Uzbeki would want to attack us.(1) I guess it would never occur to him that he attacked us simply because he is a Muslim. Matthews, like De Blasio, probably thinks such a thought would be “racist.”
It was awhile before anybody asked if the Muslim was attending a mosque (yes), or if the mosque he was attending had once been part of an anti-terror surveillance program shut down in 2014 (yes). Nobody drew the conclusion from the attacker brandishing paintball and pellet guns that he wanted to be killed. “Wanted to be killed” you ask? Oh, yes. Verse 9:38 in the Koran says that the Hereafter is much better than life on earth, so Believers shouldn’t hesitate to “march forth in the Cause of Allah (i.e. Jihad) –.” (2)
Had he been really armed, this could have been a lot worse. (I wonder if somewhere he made an attempt to get guns and was thwarted?) It will be interesting to hear what the attacker, currently recovering from a gunshot wound, has to say about all this.
(2) Khan – Al-Hilali translation, The Noble Qur’an” Darussalm, 1996, pg. 255 and ftnt.